Today’s metrosexual, cosmopolitan and fashion forward man would have no qualms in admitting that what is equally important to him as his manly image is being stylish. He wants to be updated with what’s latest in fashion, what’s hot and not. So here’s a chance for the men folk to spice up their wardrobe with the latest trends, colors and style all at once. Read on as we take you on a fashion tour to enlighten you of the top 10 fashion and style tips for men.
1. Suit up! Nail the Coat & Tie Look. This gentlemen’s look is perfect for another office day, and coupled with right trousers, crisp shirt with cufflinks, even more perfect for a day full of business meetings.
2. The ripped denims with tee look can never go out of fashion. If you’re looking to play around with the look a little bit, wear slippers in funky colors and a square-shaped scarf tied around in style!
3. Color is not just meant to be a little something we see splashed around in a woman’s closet. Now men can play with it too. Be it coats, jackets, shirts or pants, go for colors like red, purple, orange, blue, green, yellow etc. But yes, running around the trees looking like a goon is not on the agenda. Match colors properly with classic dark shades!
4. Make people notice that whenever you enter a room, you come with a bag. There are several options available in colors, designs, cuts and styles when it comes to men’s bags. Briefcases, duffle bags, laptop bags, sling bags, backpacks… phewww!!! The list is endless.
5. A man is known by the shoes he wears. Wear well fitted, polished and good-looking shoes whatever be the occasion. There’s nothing more that suits a man than formal shoes. There are a range of brands that offer formal shoes. Apart from that, there a plethora of options in sports shoes, sneakers, sandals,boots etc.
6. A good smelling man is the most attractive man in the world. Every man has his own signature fragrance and make sure you know yours and leave behind a trail of fresh air as you walk into a room.
7. Accessorize it right! If a man know how to get his watch, sunglasses, belt, tie, cufflinks, wallet etc. right, then the look is right. Of course you have to know how much is too much. If you want to wear it all at once, you can look stylish only if you mix and match well. So it’s better to keep it understated!
8. For the fall season, tie a scarf around and keep away the harsh winds away while you look oh-so-good. Scarves work well for both the casual and formal when tied up and teamed properly. Avoid flashy colors.
9. Men’s jewelry has been doing the rounds in the fashion circuit for a while now and refuses to leave. The daring man of today is completely secure of his masculinity, so the occasional earrings, bracelets, rings, chains etc. happens.
10. Traditional wear on men looks undoubtedly sexy. Try brands like Fab India, Yell, Earthy Hues and more for that handsome ethnic look.
Sure going with the flow is important but your fashion sense should reflect your own personal style as well. Then the comfort factor should be as high as the X-factor. After all, how confidently you carry your clothing is also important. And don’t fret, you don’t have to hop between 10 shops to
Establishing the perfect look and style can be tricky at any time of year, even if the weather is warm and you have your whole wardrobe of clothes and shoes to choose from – but what about when the weather turns cold and there is up to 4ft of snow on the ground?! I’m a personal stylist, originally from the UK but moved to Bulgaria about a decade ago. The first winter in Bulgaria was really tough mainly because I was not used to much snow at all during the winter months. As well as taking the practical factors and the danger issues into consideration, the snow made me feel miserable within myself because I would spend the best part of four months out of the year. I constantly felt freezing cold in their -20°c winters, wrapped up in as many layers as I could possible wear at any one time. This is a common problem for many people who have just established a style that they feel comfortable with – a change in weather or circumstances means that our style and appearance goes out of the window and we are left feeling unstylish and miserable with the way we look. After my first winter there I found a solution that meant I could dress well, look and feel great, whilst still feeling warm and dressing practically!
I discovered my perfect colour palette. If you have ever had a professional colour analysis consultation, you will be aware of what your personal colour palette is. For those of you who don’t know, it is the palette of colours and shades that best suit your natural skin tone and collective features, i.e. your natural eyebrow, eye and hair colour. There are many different types of skin tones and each has its own unique palette of compatible colours and shades. I studied colour and learnt which colours and tones best suit my skin tone and features and this is when things changed. Although my style still consisted of mainly bulky jumpers, heavy coats and flat, chunky winter boots, I started to experiment with colours and wore shades that suited me perfectly rather than just a plain black coat. If you have ever found colours that truly suit you then you will know just how much it flatters your appearance. You won’t love every colour that is recommended for you, but just seeing how well a particular shade suits you will instantly make you feel good about yourself. From that moment on I made sure that any item of clothing or footwear that was going to be on display not only kept me warm and comfortable, but was also in a colour that I loved and that suited my colouring perfectly – with or without the help of make-up.
Wearing nice colours will not only brighten your mood during these colder, duller months, but it will also make you feel more stylish, confident and happy within yourself. Although a professional colour analysis is obviously going to be more accurate, here are some tips on performing your own DIY colour analysis test for next time you pick a coloured item of clothing from the rack in a store or when deciding what to wear in your wardrobe:
• Hold the garment up against your face and observe your skin tone – are you noticing red/yellow undertones that you have never noticed before? If so then that colour you are holding is not for you.
• Does the coloured garment disguise your red/yellow undertones in your skin, creating a cool and clearer complexion? If so then you have possibly found the right (type of) colour to wear.
• Does the colour brighten up your skin tone in a flattering way? Good!
• Does the colour give your skin a newfound healthy glow? That’s how it should be!
• If you want to elongate your figure and appear slimmer then opt for vertical stripes.
• If you would like to add fullness to your figure and possibly shorten your figure or certain parts of it then opt for horizontal stripes.
• If you love black but at the same time would like to try other shades without steering too far away from black then try out other darker shades that have a little warmth or depth to them, such as navy, cocoa/chocolate brown, charcoal, damson, pewter or amethyst.
Try it out! Add a little colour to your wardrobe this winter – why not opt for a coat in a beautiful colour? More importantly – have fun and remember that it is still possible to stay stylish, upbeat and warm this winter no matter how bad the weather!
Fashion and style have existed since the advent of clothing. In the past, designers showed off their designs on paper, making it possible for the people to place orders. This made it possible for people to choose a variety of styles and colors. High-fashion is believed to have started in London and Paris. For a long time now, fashion magazines from around the world send their personnel to London or Paris to find out the most recent trends. Furthermore, department stores send some of their workers to Paris to buy clothes. They would in turn duplicate the clothes with a little more flair. Having the right clothes can help boost your attitude. The factors to consider when choosing clothes include:
· Your personality
Many people like to wear clothes that are comfortable on them. They are happy to wear neat and nice clothing while other people seek to wear clothing that has designer labels. However, the most important thing is that fashion and personality go hand in hand. Therefore, it is important to wear clothes that enhance your personality. If you are less flashy and quiet, you may not be comfortable in stiletto heels and glittered clothes. Although they are different styles available in the market, it is important to find one that you are comfortable with because fashion is more than the latest trends but about looking good.
· Your body type
It is important to find the right kind of clothing for your body. Therefore, you may need to avoid clothing that is too short or too tight. This is particularly the case if you have a wider figure. Good clothes consider the fit. Tight tops that have breast pockets and short sleeves offer many distractions while high collars shorten the neck. Furthermore, shoes with straps often shorten the legs. A short necklace shortens the neck. When buying pants it is important to make sure they fit well. Small defects that are likely to go unnoticed in skirts are emphasized more in pants.
· Best body parts
Consider wearing clothes that emphasize your best body parts. This helps to create an illusion of well-fitting clothes. Thinning fabrics offer a more slimming effect. However, it is important to consider a camisole or tank with a see through blouse or top. Tops and bottoms that have one color make the wearer to look thinner, but you can be more creative by wearing different shades. If you have a large waist, you should avoid wearing belts. Furthermore, you need to wear your accessories carefully because too many of them can give the illusion of being bigger.
Fashion and style are two important things that we should always consider when wearing uniforms or any type of clothing. These uniforms don’t have to be boring and you don’t need to look like someone else. Often, nurses wear them while at work. But not only nurses wear them but also other medical professionals like surgeons and pediatricians. You can find a lot of options for such professional suits but instead of being plain with your picks, try to be fashionable. Hospitals and clinics need to set the right standards on how employees or staff should look like. But they don’t need to compromise fashion and style. How will a nurse work with ease if he is not even comfortable with his outfit? How will he entertain patients if he is less confident with himself? Dressing up can affect a person’s level of confidence and productivity. He won’t be able to perform well if he feels like he looks bad.
Naturally, you might think of the patients you deal with most of the time when you are getting suits or uniforms. Often, you will be using different uniforms. You might have 3 to 4 options, depending on the hospital or clinic you are working in. Other hospitals allow you to choose your own uniform or even your own design. But you should not forget that you will be working with people who have problems with their health. You cannot move properly if you are only concerned with what you wear. Ask first before you make any decision. Avoid getting uniforms that aren’t fit to the nature of your work.
To make sure that you are always in fashion and style, try embroidered, fitted tops. These are fashionably looking yet you would still look like a professional. If you can’t find any, make your own. Fitted garments don’t completely look the same as ordinary uniforms because of the embroidery. They look hip and nice. You can even wear them if you like to relax a bit at the mall after work. Make sure you choose attractive designs and colors. Wear the finest suits for work and be able to comply with the dress code.
Both fashion and style are important, but you should not forget comfort. Yes, you may look like you are not wearing a hospital uniform but you feel really uncomfortable. Thus, you fail to work effectively and efficiently. If you want to be always in style, get a wrap tunic top. It looks like a casual clothing so it can fit in better with the other clothes that you usually buy. On the other hand, the split neck style is cute too. Designs are not difficult to get by so you can choose something simple or something a little sophisticated. With the split neck style, you’ll be able to bring your fashion sense over into work.
The options for fashionable yet professional-looking suits or uniforms are endless. Do not think that you can’t find or wear something that you really love. There is no issue if you dress in accordance with your profession. But make sure that you look like a doctor or nurse, not an ordinary person.